Sunday, December 29, 2019

Refining Fires

2019 was a B.E.A.S.T.

There was soooo much that happened (I only covered the big stuff on my other blog )

Stress.

Financial worries.

Health challenges.

Relational problems.

There was also growth, and change, and sweet family time, and mourning, and loss, and watching God provide in unexpected and amazing ways. 

2019 was really a refining year for me.  The worries and hard times are burning away the impurities and helping me see who I am without all of those in my life. 

This morning our pastor spoke from Isaiah 32:1-8, about waiting to see the harvest God has prepared for this new year.  He said some things that really resonate with me. 

"We live and breathe hope." 

Today, I look forward to 2020 with HOPE. 
Hope to see the harvest God has promised. 
Hope for new, good things in our relationships, our jobs, our finances, our future. 

The verse that I had formerly chose as my life-verse fits very well here:
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment